Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Toyota wires are thinner

On 06/05/2021 02:25, Rod Speed wrote:

It matters only when I'm trying to splice wires, and I have to be more
careful not to cut the wires while stripping the insulation.Â*Â* But the
wires are so thin that there have been connections I don't try to make,
because, where it's difficult to reach a wire, up under the dashboard,
for example, that makes it even more likely I'll cut the wire and makes
it harder to repair it.

The wires on 24V vehicles are thinner than them on 12V vehicles. Yes I
do know why.

"Dad, why are the wires made of lots of little thin wires?"
"There's one for each volt son."
"Dad, I've counted the thin wires in this thick one and there's 84. So
is that 84 volts?"
"It's your bedtime."

Bill