Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default OT: Wind anxiety

On 04/05/2021 12:37, T i m wrote:

We have woken up several times to that sort of damage on campsites but
luckily (so far anyway) it's not happened to us. Part of that may be
down to reasonable quality kit (even as simple as decent tent pegs)
and good 'prep' if there is a storm on it's way (additional guy lines
and even guying the motorcycles upright etc).

You've just made me recall a camping trip in Wales (Shell Island), our
tent pulling shapes with poles snapping and having to unravel the mother
in law from her completely flattened one!
Moving cars around in the dark trying to use them as windbreaks.
Maybe i've got PTSD.