Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Splice together 2 x 4's for storage shed?

pyotr filipivich writes:
Broke on Thu, 29 Apr
2021 02:36:40 +0000 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
Hey he could be that broke. I am doing the very same thing. That's why I am looking at this site. For your information a 2x4 stud is about $7.49 at Lowes.

I didn't follow the link. But, no reason to not make a shed out
of 2x4s. Might not be the most "efficient" way to do it, but then
again, if you have a "surplus" of 2x4s ...

I'm reminded of the story about the Amana colony which supposedly
built a lot of buildings - barns included - of black walnut. Because
they were along way from anywhere and there were a lot of black walnut
trees on the property, which had to be cleared for farming anyway.

The exterior walls on my Uncle's farmhouse in Wisconsin are made from
oak and walnut 2x4's. Two story, balloon construction, but rather than
modern studwalls, the 2x4's were laid flat like a log house to build
up a solid, 4-inch (real 2x4's) thick wood exterior wall.