Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Replace Bosch Oven Light - GGrrrr

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:58:13 +0100, GB wrote:

On 26/04/2021 11:24, Andy Burns wrote:
charles wrote:

Andy Burns wrote: https://amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ELK1YLE That's
the one I got.

They ought to supply one with every Neff/Siemens/Bosch oven ...

Bless! The point of consumer marketing is to make the product cheap and
attractive to by, but expensive to own.

Only businesses do TCO calculations, by and large..

As this is a DIY group, why not print one?

https://www.myminifactory.com/object...-remover-tool-

on-bosch-neff-and-siemens-cookers-5921

That idea did cross my mind until a check on ours, after 2 or 3 years of
'neglect', proved that the care I's taken in refitting the covers avoids
the need for any such investment, especially if you check them annually.

However, for anyone else who feels that the use of such an extraction
aid is the only way forward, there seems an even cheaper option to DIY
such a tool when you don't have a 3D printer to hand. :-

If you don't already have your own stock of Polymorph, you can always
order a 100g pack for under 6 quid delivered from a UK seller on Ebay
(avoiding the slow boat from China delay).

For example:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293270548586

And, even cheaper!:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264468711861

I've known about this stuff for quite a few years now but never got
round to buying any until just now - I've just added the 250g pack to my
shopping trolley.

It's an option worth considering, especially with a double oven when you
might be struggling with only one of the cover glasses and have the other
one, literally, to hand for use as a mould.

More information on this useful material he-

https://www.instructables.com/DIY-Ma...ph-Plastic--a-
thermal-/

--
Johnny B Good