Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Regarding charging (batteries, not customers)

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:08:59 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 26/04/2021 23:11, williamwright wrote:
On 26/04/2021 17:47, charles wrote:

It's thirty years old! Electronics wasn't invented!
some was - otherwise you wouldn't have been able to watch the telly

It was a joke!

Actually, before about 1980, it might as well have been true as the only
electronics that most cars had was the radio. I suppose manufacturers
were worried about vibration, damp and temperature changes. I think
electronic ignition was about the first to come in.

I remember the good old Lucas [1] 'cutout' device for controlling the
charging 'system'.

[1] Lucas, Prince of Darkness.