Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Can we agree...

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 03:39:39 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 10:55:32 AM UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 01:56:16 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

snip
Regrettably Tim seems to have become the new Harry on this newsgroup.

How so? Harry used to go on about things that advantaged him, what
(direct) advantage is it to me if I ask people to consider aligning
their actions with their morals (unless your morals dictate that you
think it's ok to do anything you like to any animal)?

Everything I've stated is supported by both millions of other people
and all the science so what's your issue, other than your own
ignorance or selfishness of course?

Cheers, T i m

Oh dear, oh dear! There was I thinking I had posted a semi-supportive comment,

'Semi-supportive', linking me to someone I assumed you were
referencing because of the negative connotations (it can be read
either way). And this is as seen in an environment where the chances
are those who support the concept of veganism aren't likely to say so,
because of the toxicity of the carnists / trolls, so it's more common
to be attacked than supported.

quoting the final paragraph of Johns post,

Someone whom I respect in general but who has a very different
viewpoint on veganism etc?

using the word regrettably

Regrettably. ;-).

and now I am ignorant or selfish simply for pointing out how you have become the target of much of the vitriol that Harry was subject to.

Not so. There I was referring to peoples understanding / attitude
towards animals (and not even yours specifically as I don't know them,
just going by current stats etc). See, IDGAF what people think of me
for raising awareness of the animal suffering etc as long as they
stick to the facts and are honest about themselves.

A not very cheerful
Richard

Sorry if you thought you were being 'supportive' and if I took it the
wrong way.

Cheers, T i m