Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Smart Water Meters

On 27/04/2021 07:59, Mark Carver wrote:
On 26/04/2021 19:39, tim... wrote:

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
I read some gumf the other day, saying Arqiva are rolling out a comms
system for Smart Water meters (it's the meters that are presumably
smart, not the water)

What is a smart meter, have I already got one ?* The present one has
some sort of RFID functionality I assume, coz the van from South East
Water drives up our road, emitting a signal, that causes the meters
to 'ping' back their readings ?

https://www.unitedutilities.com/my-a...eading-meters/

Well yes. That's exactly what I've got at present, (it's exactly what I
described in my post) but it doesn't explain how they will continuously
(once per hour/day etc) monitor my use (if that's the plan) ?

Thames don't claim to be able to get every meter connected to the
Flexnet network. But I think some of the smart water meters have an
aerial wire - although I've no idea if those have been used.

--
Robin