Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gray_wolf gray_wolf is offline

Default pock mark in cast iron skillet

On 25/04/2021 7:11 pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Randy333 wrote:
On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 04:57:17 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Got a I suspect new-ish Lodge cast iron skillet with a small void, maybe
1/16" in diamter. What's the laziest way to fill this in? I'm thinking
about just peening in some soft steel wire or copper in there to just plug
it. burned up oil will coat in in the end. Have access to an oxyacetylene
torch and pickup any sort of rod being sold. Not really sure what type of
cast iron us used in these. It makes black dust if you grind it and it
takes as while to get all the dust off.

Cadmium free silver solder would be my first choice.

What type of silver solder? It looks like plumbing solder might melt at
oven temperatures. The rest of the stuff I have is electronic grade, and
also has a fairly low melting temp as well.

JB weld?