Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scale Inhibitor

On 25/04/2021 13:16, Max Demian wrote:
On 25/04/2021 12:01, Mark Carver wrote:
On 25/04/2021 09:27, Martin Brown wrote:
On 24/04/2021 20:31, pinnerite wrote:

I am shortly to move to a bungalow that needs a lot of TLC.
I want to ensure that we do sometghing to counteract hard water.

Your choices are limited to a water softener for where it really
makes a difference or accepting a reduced lifetime of kettle elements
and immersion heaters. It depends just how hard the water really is.

We have a water softener. The primary reason is to make cleaning the
shower room cubicle glass and tiles easier and less frequent.

Spray the wet surfaces with stuff that calls itself "shower shine" (or
similar) after showering. (Mr Muscle make one.) Then, the next time you
use the shower, first wash the surfaces down with water from the shower
head.

You won't need to do a proper wash more often than once or twice a year.
(I use Lime Lite to do a proper wash down of the surfaces.)

Utter bollox.

My softener failed. I used shower shine every shower and it didn't
really work completely.

Now I have a water softener again and its bliss - the scale in the loos,
the plumbing, the water tank and the pipework is gradually dissolving.

And the scale on the taps is going slowly too.

Mark Twain