Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peeler[_4_] Peeler[_4_] is offline

Default Portrait of the Clinically Insane Trolling Senile Australian Cretin...

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 12:55:45 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 23 April 2021 at 23:14:34 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 23 April 2021 at 21:11:43 UTC+1, Peter Able wrote:
On 23/04/2021 11:31, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 19:42:11 UTC+1, Peter Able wrote:
On 21/04/2021 13:29, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 12:18:47 UTC+1, Peter Able wrote:
On 20/04/2021 22:17, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 20:09:11 UTC+1, Peter Able wrote:
On 20/04/2021 11:47, whisky-dave wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy those old school type small
potentiomenter with switch you know the ones like they had on
the
first hand held radios in the 60s-70s and on walkmans and
stuff
just a little wheel and the click for volume control. And
cheap
of course

I know I could by the standard rather large pots with DSPT but
want to put
this thing inside a mouse (computer mouse that is) .

Get one out of a scrap radio is the literal answer.

Tell us about the mouse project !

PA
It's for a small project to get students (those interested in
hardware) to adapt an old mouse or we can supply one
so they can have rapid fire button with speed adjust. So need to
switch it off for normal use too.
unfortunately these seem more expensive (over 3) than the mice
we
buy ;-)

yes I know there maybe a software solution but we need to
attract
more than just keyboard kiddies to hardware.

looking to buy 20-40

Respect! That's a brilliant project.

"thumbwheel potentiometer switch" produces 25 10k log taper for
about
30 on ebay.

Hope you don't need LINear. !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-LOT-10...8AAOSwpNRe4-zG

PA

Cheers althouth TBA these type may be a problem mounting on a
mouse.
Currently using a finger preset
https://www.rapidonline.com/suntan-t...st-pot-68-0242

Although it appears just adjusting the frequence of a 555 or the
M/S
ratio doesn;t give a very good range.
Seem both frequency and M/S may need tweeking which is a pain.

https://thetravellingtiles.files.wor...b6f9820001.jpg

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz: