Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default Yosser Hughes is alive and well

On 23/04/2021 07:47 am, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 22/04/2021 21:12, ARW wrote:
On 22/04/2021 20:55, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 22/04/2021 20:30, SH wrote:
On 22/04/2021 19:12, ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:****wall.jpg

Who is Yosser Hughes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yosser_Hughes
You won't see a finer acting performance than Bernard Hill as Yosser
Hughes in "Yosser's Story". It's not available on iPlayer,
unfortunately.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7fc57s
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7fc6k4

I see they've got all five of the BFTB episodes. Bookmarked for future
viewing.

Try not to watch them without first having seen the original one-off
film "The Blackstuff" (hence "The Boys From").

It was shown (IIRC) in 1980. Written by the same writer and with largely
the same cast. It paints a background you need to know to get the most
out of TBFTB.

"The Blackstuff" depicted the gang mustering in Liverpool and travelling
by crewbus to Yorkshire (Leeds, I think - the setting for most of the
action).

The later series was set entirely back in Liverpool.

The DVD box set contains the original film as well as the series.