Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Electric vehicles

On 20/04/2021 14:58, Steve Walker wrote:
On 20/04/2021 11:44, nightjar wrote:

Disadvantaging the 20% of households with one adult over the age of 65
without internet access; a group that also has the lowest ownership of
smart phones, at just 53%

I know many pensioners (I am surrounded by them, as we live in a
slightly odd road, with a mix of housing - our house is semi-detached,
2-storey, while our neighbours on one side and all down the opposite
side of the road have bungalows, plus our relatives, relatives of
friends, etc.). Only a tiny proportion drive, but do not have broadband
or a smartphone. ...

That does demonstrate an urban mindset. It is very difficult to live in
rural areas without a car and those are the areas where broadband
service is worst.

--
Colin Bignell