Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem618 Markem618 is offline

Default what's the opposite of "Obtainium"?

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 15:49:55 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 08:43:34 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/19/2021 2:13 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
pyotr filipivich wrote in
:

Came across a lovely word describing all the materials you find
along the way, aka "salvage", thinggummies, doohickeys, junk, 'parts',
yard sale score, "it was just sitting there with a 'Free' sign", I
could use that for something some day - "Obtainium".

Now I'm wondering if there is an antonym, for when you have too
much obtainium and are downsizing. It's still good for something, but
you have no room for it, anymore.

We're going to be moving, it will be smaller, some of it can find
new homes, other is just too "specialized" as to be easily "rehomed".

I've started "decluttering" or "refilling my wallet." I'm finding new
homes for things by posting them on Facebook Marketplace or eBay, sometimes
getting more than I expected out of them and sometimes less.

You never know. I pulled out some old wire from the house and sold it
after a few months. The lady might have just sold it for scrap, but I
didn't have to strip it, clean it, and find a recyler, I just put it in a
box....

Puckdropper

The opposite is
Unobtainium.

The fuel on that far and distant planet in the movie Avatar.

Unobtanium is something you can't get. We're looking for the word for
something that you can't get rid of. ;-)

Clutter? Got a junk guy here, he will take just about anything, he
also delivers the paper.