Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Faulty Thermostat or faulty installation

On 19/04/2021 07:50, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
If it is a double skinned tank then surely it has the pocket type thingy for
one of those thermostats?At least then it will be in the standard place and
no bits of left over insulation will be causing issues.
Brian

To answer all the questions at once, it seems to be foam covered (best
equivalent picture I can find on the net is like this - although not
this brand)

https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/g...ainless-steel/

The thermostat is definitely measuring (or trying to) the outside
temperature of the tank and not the water.

the fitters have cut out a section of foam about half a mm bigger than
the thermostat (just like the thermostat fitment on my own clyinder).
Might they have not fully cleared the foam from the side of the tank?

--
Chris B (News)