Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric vehicles

On 18/04/2021 08:20, tim... wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 17/04/2021 14:47, tim... wrote:

On 17/04/2021 13:31, Steve Walker wrote:
I have the "choice" of car (20 minutes each way) or train/bus
(1-1/2 to 2 hours each way ... allowing for them not connected to
the times I need to arrive and leave, connections between them,
etc.) Not using the car would simply mean having little time to get
anything done in the evening, to spend with my family or to go out.
Life would just turn into a constant round of getting up, going to
work, coming home, cooking and cleaning, going to bed ready to get
up early the next morning. That's no life.

Before cars, people simply lived on bus or train routes.

before cars

people lived within walking distance of work

Yes and lived **** lives because they could not get decently paid jobs
or spent many hours of the day travelling back and forth.

How is an engineering design company, needing qualified and
experienced engineers and designers, to work if it can only recruit
people that can walk to the office?

by locating themselves in town centres (when PT is a viable alternative
to walking)

not in out of the way trading estates, where driving is your only viable
option

Which simply forces more people to make the city centre commute!