Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Faulty Thermostat or faulty installation

On 18/04/2021 11:03, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Sunday, 18 April 2021 at 10:58:21 UTC+1, Chris B wrote:
On 18/04/2021 10:55, Andy Burns wrote:
Chris B wrote:

Lack of thermal connection between the new tank and the thermostat

Is it the strap-on with curtain wire, or shoved in a pocket/tube type?

Its held on with a flat metallic strap about 5mm wide that goes right
round the tank.

--
Chris B (News)

Whereabouts on the tank is it? It should normally be about 1/3 of the way up, too high and because hot water rises it will constantly monitor the water temperature where it is hottest so the bottom half of the tank does not warm up.

Richard

Well I haven't actually measured it but yes at a guess I would say its
about 1/3 of the way from the bottom

--
Chris B (News)