Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LiPo vs Rechargeable Lithium 123

Off the shelf availability?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Nick Odell" wrote in message
The LiPo battery in a tiny remote controlled helicopter toy has
failed. I can tell it's failed because it has blown itself up like a
party balloon! I was surprised at how low the capacity was - 200mAh
was printed on the side. I've now replaced it with a similar 350mAh
LiPo battery.

I was just wondering how the performance of these LiPos compare with a
more conventional rechargeable lithium 123 cell. The 123 only weighs
4g more than the LiPo yet seem to have many times the storage capacity
so presumably there must be some reason why they aren't used in this
application. Any thoughts?

Nick