Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bud-- bud-- is offline

Default Panel-Mounted Non-Polarized Convenience Receptacles

On 4/4/2021 1:00 PM, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Peter W. wrote:
Guess I should put them up on my web site...but they will
be more than $1 as I think these are actually UL/CSA approved.

John:

As these would never be stand-alone devices, they should carry a UR (with the R reversed) designation. And, yes, that would be handy.

Start with UR. Run the letters together. Mirror image it left-right.
Slant it like a back italic.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Anybody know the history of that symbol? It's cool looking, and seems to
be something beyond what UL would ever come up with on their own.

UR is a UL recognized component. They are tested to a UL standard, but
to use the component in a UL listed device UL has to clear it for that
device or class of devices. That may include conditions for its use.