Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Car CD doesn't play.

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 22:14:54 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

The CD player in my car worked well 2 months ago but last week I just
got Track Search, or Error, something like that.

Changed CD, same problem

Rest of radio works well.

Bought a Maxell CD cleaner. Amazingly, it looks like a CD but has two
little brushes on it.

It's supposed to give audio instructions when you "play" it. How can it
do this if the laser or receiver lens is too dirty to work?

At any rate, I ran it 4 or 5 times and it doesn't say anything.

Is that enough evidence to firmly conclude it's broken and cleaning
won't help?

The Maxell CD was 6 dollars, and got high Amazon ratings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._title_o01_s00
4.1 stars on 5700 ratings.

They sell two others, Memorex and Optimum, for 10 and 14 dollars, also
with high ratings. But isn't buying one of them throwing good money
after bad?

You have several choices: don't get it fixed and live with it.
Send it to a car radio repair shop and pay big bux.
Get one from a junkyard and swap it.
Do as other posters have suggested and use memory stick or like.
Get a portable CD player and plug it in.

--
Tekkie