Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Kitchen Job

On 3/31/2021 7:08 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 16:30:10 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/31/2021 2:47 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Snip

If your microwave gets hot on the outside, you've set your food on fire.

As always, you're wrong. Microwaves have to vent. If they aren't
allowed to, they _will_ overheat. Its no different than any other
electronics. If they're not used in the environment they've designed
for, they won't last long.

That is correct, microwaves do need to vent. But as long as air can
move away/out of a "partially" closed in area the venting is not
restricted and not an issue.

...and that is all that any of us meant from the very first time the question
was raised. Sure took a long time to get here. :-O

OK, ;~)
I suppose this picture may shed some more light on the subject. LOL

This is the microwave cubby and the insert that I will be placing in
side that reduce the over all width by 1", 1/2" on each side and over
all height by 1", 1/2" on top and bottom.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

That's not anything like what I was visualizing.

LOL I thought the better angle picture would help out.

And the final piece to the puzzle installed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

And this will slide in place to frame out the opening and give a more
finished look to the opening.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

"Nevermind" -Emily Litella

SNL?