Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrocution

One popular one is the ceiling rose syndrome. There is no point in turning
off the light if you discover you need either a new block in the ceiling or
a new bit of pendant wire as we all know there is an unswitched live up
there in that rose and a screwdriver in the wrong hole while up a ladder can
be a very unpleasant surprise, I always after my first encounter with this
situation tripped the cut out on the circuit first.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
On 30/03/2021 05:18, jon wrote:
On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 23:32:04 +0100, soup wrote:

Many have had a 'belt' from domestic 240Volt wiring through bad luck,
bad judgment or plain stupidity .
Whilst a shock from 240V CAN kill how often does that actually
happen
and how many just get thrown across the room into a foetal position
whimpering and crying until the arm unknots and the tingling feeling
goes away.

I was sitting on a quarry tiled kitchen floor connecting up a cooker. My
understanding was the the supply was isolated, that quickly got revised
when I tried to strip off the insulation of a live 10mm2 feed with
uninsulated side cutters.

Last time it happened to me I was sitting on te floor trying to work out
why a brand new desk lamp didn't work. I had been through several cycles
of 'switch off at the wall, take apart, change rebuild, switch on at the
wall, test. and at one point I must have forgotten the 'switch off at
wall'

I think it was hand to hand but one wasn't grasping anything just touching

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14