Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kitchen Job

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 10:31:04 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Imagine that my MV sits on the counter, about where the leather bag

is in this shot:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

I have never had an issue with a microwave walking or sliding from where
it was placed. Nor has the customer had a complaint of their microwave
moving in the 25 years that they have lived in this house.

I have a short piece 2 x 4 between the back of the MV and the

backsplash to keep the
MV near the front of the counter. Without it, the MV slides backwards

with use and ends
up too deep to be convenient. That extra 3 1/2" forward makes a big

difference.

Will backward movement be an issue with the cubby you built?

No. And there is no movement. The microwave opening is already there.
I am only dressing up up the cabinet opening so that it does not look
like a cabinet missing it's doors.

Can the microwaves easily replaced with a different size? Microwaves
aren't exactly the most reliable appliances and come in all sorts of
non-standard sizes.