Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rob[_40_] Rob[_40_] is offline

Default Washing machine controls

Peter W. wrote:
We have an LG that is now a year old, replacing a floor-model LG that went at 12 years of heavy use. And not from electronics, motors or such, but of all things rust.
At our summer house, we have a 15 year old LG that also has a bit of rust, but is still going strong otherwise. We purchased it used - see pump, below - for $75.

Is LG that crappy? I had a 35 year old Bosch that did not have the
slightest bit of rust, but it had a failed draining pump. I obtained
a new pump from a recycling shop, but when I handled the machine to
put it on its side for easier access to the pump the plastic control
panel shattered and for practical reasons I had to replace the machine.