Posted to rec.woodworking

Default jointers

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 14:42:42 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/21/2021 7:02 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 16:03:07 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/19/2021 10:35 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 10:32:11 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/19/2021 10:29 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/18/2021 8:11 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 09:40:30 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/17/2021 4:24 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 11:36:04 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 10:47:28 PM UTC-4,
wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:04:53 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

This might work for me, but I'd have to add the DC port and lose
the bag
that I have under my saw now. Not that that would be a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKILf1o7RTY

Perhaps make the lever on the back side rather than the middle? You'd
be able to keep the bag.

That might work but the torque wouldn't be centered. The slide
piece would
be off to the side also and the imbalance might be an issue.

I'll watch the video more carefully and see if that will be a
problem. It's worth
a test in any case.

I've also seen these on sale for about half what they want he
https://www.woodcraft.com/products/woodriver-retracting-casters

I bought a few of these for work benches for $25 each, IIRC. I
remember that they were really cheap (or I wouldn't have jumped on
them).

Something like those might help, but I think I'd still have 2 fixed
wheels.

The way my TS is stored I only have access to 2 sides, the front
(sort of) and the left side. My lift lever is currently on the left
side
which allows me to raise the left side of the TS and pull it straight
out. The first 12" of movement has to be straight because the right
side of the saw (the router table end) literally resides in a hole in
the wall.

That brings up a point that I wanted to make about the Bora bases.
Mine, at least, has the lift levers in the front and a flange that
mounts the wheels higher (axles tend to be at the center of wheels)
than the frame. These make for great trip hazards.* This is another
reason to off-center the lift lever in the home-grown design we were
discussing.

So you can easily fix that.* Simply swap the right for the left and visa
versa.* The putts the lift levers on the ends instead of in front.

Then it rolls sideways.* I could deal with that, probably but if
there's anything next to it, not so much.* I mounted it backwards so
the levers are at the back.* It stands out from the wall 6" more but
such is life.

No, just swap the front, wheels, Leave the rear wheels alone.

And or just swap the wheel that swivel and leave the fixed wheels alone.
Swapping the swivel wheels and jack levers will move the lever to the
side and away from the front.

I don't see how that's going to work. I don't understand what's
moving. I'll have to go downstairs and look at them closer but I
think we're talking about very different things.

If you swap the left and right swivel wheels you have to rotate them 90
degrees, clockwise and counter clockwise, to fit. Then the lift levers
are on the side/end vs. the front.

I couldn't imagine what you were talking about until I went downstairs
to look more closely at the base. I think it's too late to change my
drill press (it was a PITA as it was). It'll be fairly easy to change
the base on my router table, though it is heavy.

LOL, I only knew to do this because the instructions indicated how to do
that.

Instructions? I don't need no steenkin' instructions!