Colbyt

Default Cutting ceramic tile (?)

"Jason" wrote in message
Hi all.

I am near completion on my first ever attempt at laying tile. I am using

12
x 12 ceramic glazed tile on my bathroom floor and am at a stand still on
attempting to cut a hold for the toilet flange. I first tried a Dremel

with
a tile cutting bit, it failed. Then I tried cutting the tile across the
angle and nipping a semi circle in each half, and that just got me about 4
broken tiles. I am now just considering cutting across the center of the
tile as the length of the base will hide the 5 inches or so missing from

the
center (across the entire tile). I just thought I would post here to see

if
anyone had a suggestion before I did this.

I can't see your layout or where the tile joints are in relation to your
toilet. Cut your tile so that it looks right where the toilet base will not
cover it or if need be there is an extra joint behind the toilet. Chip out
or even use broken pieces under the base of the bowl where they won't show.
Grout all and go on. A tile saw may help.

Second possibility is to drill small holes using a masonry bit around the
hole before you use the nippers.

The dremel or roto-zip bits are a waste for this type of thing. They just
don't cut it. Pun intended.

Colbyt