Posted to rec.woodworking

Default jointers

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 23:39:34 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

wrote in message ...

Agreed. An extra 8" on a 72" bed doesn't seem like it's worth much
and could be a real problem. I marked that up to the design
marketeering department.

I've been thinking about that roller and also about some of the boards I've
run through my DJ-20. The beds on the DJ-20 are 76.5" and I've run 12'-16'
stock through it. The wood drags on the edge of the infeed table as it's
fed. I'm thinking that the roller would likely reduce or even eliminate that
friction and make it easier to feed the wood.

But it also has to be perfectly coplanar with the table. Another
possible nightmare, IMO.