Posted to sci.electronics.repair
World wide137 World wide137 is offline

Default Need Help Identifying Ceramic Capacitor

Phil - Based on the angle that I looked at it the first time, the center lead was tucked under going to the ground pin on the terminal strip and I missed it. Yes, you were correct with the eBay photo you sent. Cheers. -Norm

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 6:33:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
wrote:
----------------------------------

** How come the third lead is *missing* in your pic?

So the one I sent you a pic of *was* RIGHT !!
For the sake of accurate info, I mistakenly reported that this capacitor has 2 two legs, upon closer inspection, it has three legs - two outer legs attach to the the chokes and center one attached to the ground terminal of the copper shield that attaches to the signal generator's chassis. Sorry for the earlier misreported response. Cheers. -Norm
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 9:43:50 PM UTC-5, World wide137 wrote:
Thanks Phil. The capacitor has two legs, here's a picture of it. -Norm

http://printque.us/capacitor.png
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 9:35:21 PM UTC-5

Hello Folks. I need some help in identifying a ceramic capacitor on an RF signal generator from the 50's.
The capacitor is off the power supply. The shape is a circular disk about 1cm in diameter with the following
markings - HI-Q 2X .01.
** Is is dual cap with 3 legs like this one ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-196...-/123856474984

A pic would be useful.

..... Phil