Posted to sci.electronics.repair
World wide137 World wide137 is offline

Default Need Help Identifying Ceramic Capacitor

You are correct, Peter, that is how the copper cover interacts with the case. There has indeed been several updates to this model, I have 4 different schematics, all similar but slightly different. Of the four, none matches my version perfectly. Thanks again for you input, they've been very helpful. Cheers. -Norm

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 9:48:18 AM UTC-5, Peter W. wrote:
Norm:

A few things:

a) There are many versions of this unit over the years, so the differences between the schematic and what you have are no surprise.
b) There is no reason to remove the tubular ceramic caps - I believe that the restoration page does mention that. They tend to be pretty stable over the years.
c) I would restore to the schematic as shown: http://www.byan-roper.org/steve/_Med..._5750_med.jpeg
d) I see where the ground lug is riveted to the copper cover - and that the cover appears to be sheet-metal-screwed to the case. If so, a 3-wire cord is good, with the ground wire going to the center lug of the three.

Take your time. That is a 'popular' unit within the hobby, and worth the effort if you want vintage service gear to go with the vintage radios.
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA