Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Landlords and EICR

On 27/02/2021 09:26, Owain Lastname wrote:
On Friday, 26 February 2021 at 11:18:39 UTC, Robin wrote:
If the other end of the cable was *completely* removed from the CU, it's not part of the electrical
installation at all.

I'm not /sure/ that is a complete answer given the way "electrical
installation" is defined differently for BS7671 and for the regulations
for landlords:
SI 2010/2214 (applied by SI 2020/312): €śelectrical installation€ť means
fixed electrical cables or fixed electrical equipment located on the
consumer's side of the electricity supply meter;

But if it's disconnected it's not "located on the consumer's side of the electricity supply meter".

Otherwise my Wylex fuseboard would be an immediate EICR fail. It is purely decorative. I think I can admit to having a fuseboard for decorative purposes here without being laughed at.

I wouldn't doubt that (any more than I would doubt Adam's decision). I
had in mind more the old argument that fixed cable etc doesn't count as
part of an installation if it's only connected by being plugged into a
socket. I never saw a definitive answer on that as regards BS7671. It
was addressed in Approved Document P* which is what made me think the
different definitions might matter, and leave it as a question of fact
and degree.

*"The installation of fixed equipment is within the scope of part P,
even where the final connection is by a 13A plug and socket."

--
Robin