Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Landlords and EICR

On 26/02/2021 23:33, Fredxx wrote:
On 26/02/2021 19:08, ARW wrote:
On 26/02/2021 11:18, Robin wrote:
On 26/02/2021 10:53, Owain Lastname wrote:
On Thursday, 25 February 2021 at 20:22:02 UTC, ARW wrote:
How would you code a smashed 20A DP immersion heater switch in the
airing cupboard showing exposed cores on a circuit that was removed
from
the CU several years ago when the combi boiler was installed?

If the other end of the cable was *completely* removed from the CU,
it's not part of the electrical installation at all.

I'm not /sure/ that is a complete answer given the way "electrical
installation" is defined differently for BS7671 and for the
regulations for landlords:

BS7671: Electrical installation (abbr: Installation). An assembly of
associated electrical equipment having co-ordinated
characteristics to fulfil specific purposes.

SI 2010/2214 (applied by SI 2020/312): €śelectrical installation€ť
means fixed electrical cables or fixed electrical equipment located
on the consumer's side of the electricity supply meter;

I am going to say it's not part of the installation (Owain is the
winner of this small competition). Note that the other end of the
cable no longer enters the CU and would take considerable effort to
actually reconnect it (see other post). I did say removed...

But you didn't say how well removedÂ* :-)

I only found that out when I swapped the CU.

Another C1 was two rings on the same MCB. I do not see that as dangerous.

--
Adam