Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default shovelling snow

"Tekkieİ" wrote in message

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 21:36:15 -0500, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to
digest...

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:41:20 +1100, "Fred" wrote:

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 04:02:11 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:29:11 -0500,
wrote:

I'd much rather be cold than hot. With cold you can put on more
clothes.
There's an absolute limit to how much you can take off.

The sub tropics are not for snowflakes you might melt
I am actually pretty used to it but you are actually better off with
cotton shirt than not wearing one if you are in the sun. You might

eVERYONE Says that but it's not my experience, even in the sun.

sweat through it but then it becomes a cooler.
Being hot in the shade or inside might be helped by taking off
clothes
but not outside in the sun.

I can tell you from experience, when it's 115C in
the shade and over 50% humidity you don't go
out without your shirt on - particularly in the sun.

Sorry - over 85%

I can tell you from experience that I did just that, repeatedly.

Presumably you 115C is a typo and you meant 115F.

Yes

I found a light cotton T shirt was "comfortable" but not
as good as a light loose fitting cotton shirt. that let the
air move. You stayed in the shade as much as possible,

It wasn't possible when I was building my house. There was no shade.

and tried to find a spot with a breeze. With high humidity

That's not high humidity.

sweating didn't help - and the only way you got any evaporation was
with a breeze. That late October 1973 afternoon at 115 in the shade
was a "cool comfortable" day compared to the 2 weeks before. (when
the RH was occaisionally actually over 100% - and yes, that IS
possible!!!)

Bull****.

The humidity is highly localized close to the falls -
a HUGE humidifier. The rains come in November

Look up supersaturated. Rare but possible.

Isn't that what a pressure cooker does?

Nope. it just increases the pressure so it cooks at a higher temperature.