Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to lubricate this door hinge?

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 10:30:45 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/21/2021 10:40 PM, Theodore wrote:
The fire-rated door from my house to the garage is squeaking like crazy for months. I was going to use graphite or oil to fix the squeak, and then realized that I don't if there's a pin to remove. Photos he
https://app.photobucket.com/u/millin...f-f5be5138d006
https://app.photobucket.com/u/millin...3-185febb2d4b8
https://app.photobucket.com/u/millin...9-68823e4ab88d

I'm not familiar with this hinge, it's name, or how to lubricate.
Many thanks for your advice.
Theodore.

I'd try a few drops of oil on the top and see if it seeps down. You
could try 3 in 1 ir even a shot of WD40 if you have it. Try a little at
the joints too.

Won't take much to stop the squeak.

Agreed. Either sewing machine oil or 3 in 1 at the top of the hinge should gradually fix the problem.