Posted to alt.home.repair
Retirednoguilt[_2_] Retirednoguilt[_2_] is offline

Default How to lubricate this door hinge?

On 2/21/2021 10:40 PM, Theodore wrote:
The fire-rated door from my house to the garage is squeaking like crazy for months. I was going to use graphite or oil to fix the squeak, and then realized that I don't if there's a pin to remove. Photos he
https://app.photobucket.com/u/millin...f-f5be5138d006
https://app.photobucket.com/u/millin...3-185febb2d4b8
https://app.photobucket.com/u/millin...9-68823e4ab88d

I'm not familiar with this hinge, it's name, or how to lubricate.
Many thanks for your advice.
Theodore.

Your original post says it's a new hinge. You also wrote there that the
other new hinge attached to the same door doesn't squeak. Last year I
had all 3 of mine replaced because after 30 years, the spring tension
was insufficient to fully close the door. However, neither the old ones
nor any of the new ones squeak. They shouldn't squeak. Your squeaking
hinge is defective. You're in for chronic, periodic squeaking even if
you succeed in eliminating the squeak at this time. I'd remove it,
return it, and insist on a free replacement.