Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT What a jenny

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 12:48:56 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 06:47:57 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:
On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 5:12:54 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 18 Feb 2021 22:56:26 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

So what? He's the president, but many others in your party, who
he keeps caving in to, want more freebies, using borrowed money.
He just killed 10K+ high paying jobs on the XL pipeline so more
I just love the implicit argument that it's good to do bad things if it
creates jobs.

There is no "bad thing". It's oil for Christ's sake. It's oil that's already
being produced, already being transported across America by rail.
Moving it by pipeline is safer, releases far less CO2 and other pollutants.
It's coming from Canada, our ally. When Trump screwed Canada and
it's people with his trade war BS, woaaah, that was horrific according
to you. But your guy just screwed them, did something even worse,
and here you are defending it. After all, he's a Democrat, so it's OK.

The question should be, Is it a good idea or not?

That's fine BEFORE you give approval and construction is under way.
Now it just showed that the US is like Cuba, where the govt can just
decide to take your investment.

I had a friend in college who thought the Viet Nam war was a good thing
because it was good for the economy. I wasn't capable of judging the
war, but I know that's not a good reason.

Pathetic. It's an oil pipeline, not a war. And this is a good example of how
unreasonable, uncaring and stupid Democrats are too. It would have been
very easy for Biden to leave this alone. To decide not to kill thousands of
good, high paying jobs in the middle of a terrible economy. To decide that
it's wrong to screw investors, to screw Canada. To move toward the middle
with some cooperation, demonstrating that he is reasonable, not a radical.
Showing Republicans and the country that maybe he can bring us together.
Instead he sided with the crazy extremists.

From what I've read and heard, those "thousands of high paying jobs" were
actually about 1000 temporary jobs, none of them coming with high pay.

I wonder if you feel the same way about the wall on the southern border.
That, too, should be completely shut down and jobs will be affected.

That's totally apples and oranges. The wall is a govt funded project. But
the same principles apply. Since the govt is going to cancel it, they should
HONOR their existing commitments, ie complete the existing contracts
or reach a fair settlement with the contractors. And that's what will happen,
if Biden tried to just welch out on it, the contractors will sue and win.
As to building the wall, I have the same position I've always had, that the
southern border needs to be secured by whatever means necessary.
Unfortunately Biden and the Democrats have open borders policies.
The fool is busing in 25K that Trump had halted in Mexico. No worries,
let's borrow more money to pay for that cluster ****. And Biden and the
Democrats are getting the people killed too, with their invitations:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-55829429

Now though, the club have retired the jersey in his honour. Marvin was one of 19 Guatemalan immigrants who were killed in a brutal, gruesome attack in the state of Tamaulipas in northern Mexico last weekend. He was 22.

They were shot and then set alight, most likely by a drug cartel that controls the migrant smuggling routes across the US-Mexican border. Their charred remains are unrecognisable and William Matias says the sheer cruelty of the attack has shocked people in their rural corner of Guatemala.

"Their only crime was to flee hunger and poverty," says William. "

Maybe so, but their big mistake was to listen to the Democrats signaling for
them to come. Expect more, a lot more.