Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default How about those add-on Wixey height gauges

On 2/20/2021 11:08 PM, gray_wolf wrote:
On 20/02/2021 5:08 pm, Leon wrote:
On 2/20/2021 5:03 PM, Bob D wrote:
A digital height guage for my planer and my router lift would be
really nice if its repeatable.Â* Wixey makes add-on guages for both
applications.Â* Does anyone have experience with either?

Thanks,
Bob

I put one on my 15" Delta planer 10+ years ago..Â* Fit is crotchety and
would get hung up.
I would not buy another one of those.

I am looking closely at the Wixey remote digital readout however and
may get one for my new
jointer/planer.

I would rather have a mechanical gauge.Â* They attach to the elevation
crank wheel rod.Â* It counts revolutions and parts of a revolution.

There is one offered for my model in Europe but I would want imperial
vs metric.

The top dog is:Â*Â*Â* https://www.starrett.com

But I do not see that Starrett offers this type device.

And unfortunately one needs to be able to adjust the planer
correctly/accurately before making the last pass.