Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: The world's simplest electric train

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much
usable energy for anything practical...

The only one talking about making useable energy is you.

You were trying to think of how to use it around the
house, for something more than cat amusement.

Yes, but not actually stupid enough to think it might
be useful for generating energy, because I know how
it works and realise it just uses energy. But did wonder
if the movement over a long distance might be useful.

Actually, the science behind it is well known,

Duh and irrelevant to that stupidity of yours.

and even though that particular example was a
super tiny one; I do believe it's making enough
mechanical energy to be able to turn a small gear.

All motors do, stupid.

It also has a little locomotive force which could be
adapted as well. A mini rail gun comes to mind...

But this controls where it goes much better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

No news to me boy.

reams of your **** that is no news to anyone flushed where it belongs