Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Herd Immunity in April?

On 02/20/2021 12:48 PM, Fred wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 02/20/2021 10:38 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/20/2021 12:15 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:46:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote

The author is a professor at the John Hopkins School of Medicine.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731

Bet we dont see anything like zero new positives in april.

I am not sure he means zero positives, just a rate low enough that we
can relax a little.
I am also not sure he is right. Time will tell.
Humans do have a way of spontaneously getting over this stuff
The Spanish flu just sort of went away.

Not really
https://www.history.com/news/1918-fl...ic-never-ended

There are studies claiming the pandemic subsided when after it killed
off the TB cases.

Doesnt explain why it killed so many young and healthy people.

Young, but not necessarily healthy.

http://exhibits.hsl.virginia.edu/alav/tuberculosis/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31035651/

https://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/...10/25_flu.html