Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Herd Immunity in April?

On 02/20/2021 10:38 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/20/2021 12:15 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:46:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote

The author is a professor at the John Hopkins School of Medicine.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731

Bet we dont see anything like zero new positives in april.

I am not sure he means zero positives, just a rate low enough that we
can relax a little.
I am also not sure he is right. Time will tell.
Humans do have a way of spontaneously getting over this stuff
The Spanish flu just sort of went away.

Not really
https://www.history.com/news/1918-fl...ic-never-ended

There are studies claiming the pandemic subsided when after it killed
off the TB cases. The observed incidence of TB dropped dramatically
after 1919.