Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Herd Immunity in April?

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:46:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote

The author is a professor at the John Hopkins School of Medicine.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731

Bet we dont see anything like zero new positives in april.

I am not sure he means zero positives, just a
rate low enough that we can relax a little.

Herd immunity is about a hell of a lot more than just relax a little.

I am also not sure he is right. Time will tell.

We already know that there is **** all herd immunity in the
places stupid enough to just let the virus rip like Sweden.

Humans do have a way of spontaneously getting over this stuff

With some viruses they do, with others they dont.

The Spanish flu just sort of went away.

And influenza, the common cold, smallpox,
ebola, polio etc etc etc didnt.