Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 06:32:24 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 8:25:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:00:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:41:23 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 21 01:13:54 UTC, Gary Jones
wrote:

One of Joe Bidens COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain
on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively
similarly to liberal states like New York,
New Jersey, and California that have strictly locked down. After
all,
that
certainly isnt what we were told would happen.

I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like
Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers arent
that
different from Florida, host Stepanie Ruhle
noted.

https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida

Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be
why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?

We don't hear much about Sweden these days, probably because they
are
down around #19, way behind the countries with severe lockdowns in
place. Their politicians finally succumbed to political pressure to
impose some closures (bars close at 10PM) but they are still pretty
open compared to most countries with worse problems than them
including the UK at #3 and the US at #8.

But those fools got an obscene result in the death rate
and didnt do any better on the effect on the economy
so all those corpses were for nothing.

It is not really obscene when you consider it is ~70% of how UK did.

(0.12% Swe vs 0.17% UK)

The only sensible comparison is with the rest of scandinavia
and sweden got more deaths than the whole of the rest of
scandinavia COMBINED and didnt even save any jobs or
small businesses in the process.
Why would that be true? Are you saying Finland is exactly the same as
Sweden? I bet the Swedes would disagree.

He's saying that it would be a more fair comparison, certainly the first
place
to look for comparison, instead of trying to compare Sweden with the USA
or UK.

It still doesn't support the scary predictions of what would happen.

Corse it does with the obscene death rate they got.

In spades with Brazil etc.

OK that gets us back closer to home again. Compare
Florida to California. NBC did in a story that was far
more candid than I would expect from them.

Newsom locked his state down tight,

Bull****.

fines for not wearing a mask businesses shuttered.
DeSantis was far more open. Our numbers are
better than California's in spite of the influx
from northern hot spots and Europe.

For other reasons like demographics.

We do win the prize for the highest
number of UK variant infections tho.

Hardly surprising when you lot are stupid
enough to let foreigners into your state
without quarantining them.