Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default OT What a jenny

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 9:54:21 AM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I can also easily point out a lot of those degrees don't actually
teach anyone how to do anything useful. That is why there are so many
graduates still sleeping in Mom's basement.
If they want to subsidize STEM degrees it might make some sense but
art history? Really? I don't see that job advertised very often maybe
never. That kind of job is usually taken by a person who went to
school when they were 5 or 6 and never left. They just work there now
making more people who can't find a job.

Yes, there are lots of degrees that there are very few job openings for.
My son took some kind of business course about 20 years ago. Took him a
bout 15 years to find a job that paid very much in the field. Before
that he worked at jobs that was along the line of his education,but
they did not pay very much over most manual labor jobs in the area.
He did hve about a 3.5 GPA so that should have landed him some good job
offerings after graduation, but it did not. Found out that most of the
job offerings in the field required several years of experiance.

It amazes me how the colleges can get big fees for courses that the end
result is jobs that do not pay much.

Before jobs became so specialized, it was possible to major in, say, English
Literature and get a good job at a corporation. Those same jobs now require
a degree from an accredited business school.

Universities have not quite caught up to the idea that their output should
match the demand.

Cindy Hamilton