Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default OT What a jenny

writes:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 09:56:45 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I doubt that anybody getting a degree in 4th Century Greek sculpture
could hack it at trade or technical school. Those disciplines require
aptitude.

Now, don't get me started on how useless most young people are because
they've spent their whole lives twiddling cell phone buttons or going to
"maker academy" where nothing has to be kludged together.

Yes, today the young people do not seem to be able to do simple repair
things around the house.

That is only because they never had a chance to be taught. "Shop"
disappeared from middle and high school in the 70s (probably because

Really? Must be a Florida thing. There's still shop class
in high school here in California (called industrial arts).

educators didn't know which end of a hammer you hold) and we are

It's pretty telling that you can't make a simple statement
without resorting to insult.