Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default shovelling snow

On 2/17/2021 6:35 PM, wrote:

It would take all day to clear 180 deet of 4 foot wide sidewalk and a
4 car deiveway of 8 inches of snow with that thing!!!. The YT624 does
it in about half an hour.

Used ones sell for a pretty price - what's it cost new ! ?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowblower/s...624/1549622228

Is the track-drive a good thing ? turn radius issues ?

I'm considering a blower for next year - I've always just used
a big walk-behind scoop to good effect.

John T.

I've never seen one with a track drive. My Troy Bilt with wheels has no
problem. I would also be concerned that the track might be too
aggressive in pushing against hard packed snow as if you are not careful
you might be replacing shear pins or worse damaging the blades. I
recall years ago my neighbor doing his drive hit his newspaper buried in
the snow and warped the blades on his snow thrower.