Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default shovelling snow

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 22:44:38 -0600, Snag wrote:

On 2/17/2021 9:32 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/17/2021 12:03 PM, wrote:
ISTR in 2013 we got 60 inches of snow over the course of the winter, with
precious little thawing until spring.* Even the snowblower was having a
hard time throwing snow up over the piles next to the driveway.

The neighbors think I'm weird but I was raised in upstate NY. At the
start of the season I push the snow back much wider than the driveway.
The berm gets higher and the driveway narrower as the winter goes on.

One year a woman decided the nice, wide driveway was a great place to
turn around except where she puled in was actually the lawn. Her father
came by the next day with his truck to extract her.

Maybe it isn't just my style that amuses the neighbors. Most of them
consider snow is what 4 wheel drive is made for. I have an ulterior
motive. The clearer I keep it, the faster it melts off in the spring so
I can get one of the bikes on the road.

I like the way you think . If it wasn't so much work for so little
gain there would be a set of chains on the back and a ski on the front
of that Sportster trike . I can barely imagine the trouble I could get
into on a rig like that . Capable of speeds in excess of 100 miles per
hour , what could possibly go wrong ?

That's snowmobile performance. Ask my kid brother what kind of
trouble that can get you into. Long ago we gave up comparing him to a
cat - he'd outlasted a whole litter of kittens at 9 lives each - - -