Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default shovelling snow

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 19:08:24 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/17/2021 6:50 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 18:35:02 -0500,
wrote:

It would take all day to clear 180 deet of 4 foot wide sidewalk and a
4 car deiveway of 8 inches of snow with that thing!!!. The YT624 does
it in about half an hour.

Used ones sell for a pretty price - what's it cost new ! ?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowblower/s...624/1549622228

Is the track-drive a good thing ? turn radius issues ?

I'm considering a blower for next year - I've always just used
a big walk-behind scoop to good effect.

John T.

Found it - it's the wee little of their line-up :-)

https://tinyurl.com/1mz23orq

John T.

Nice, but pricey. I had an $800 Arians that got the job done for my
needs. Sold it to my neighbor when I went south.

It was fun the day after a good snowfall, but the slush and slop and
sand after was always a mess. I don't miss that part of it.

The old Ariens were bulletproof - I maintain a 50 year old one and
it just keeps going and going and going. Had to replace the fuel tank
this year - it had cracked. The new ones - at least the consumer grafe
crap you buy at Home Despot etc are CRAP!!!!!
I liked the old Ariens Pro with the locking differential and the auger
lockout lever. The old Simplicitied and Hahn Eclipse units were good
too. That said you will have to pry the hydrostatic drive controls of
my Yammy out of my cold dead hands!!!!!