Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT What a jenny

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 17:33:50 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 2/17/2021 5:04 PM, micky wrote:
CNN had two people on to talk about the proposed rebate on college
loans. Because I only listen, I don't know who they were. Sometimes
one is from each party but this time, they might both have been
Democrats.

Anyone, one of them was wanting a $50,000 rebate instead of 10 like Joe
wants (and he said no to 50). And she said roughly, a real leader
would do something about college tuition.

What a jackass. Doesn't she pay attention? In the campaign and again
last night Joe said that junior college** should be free and state
schools should be free to those with parents earning under 75K or 100K,
something like that. What more does she want and Biden has been saying
it for months. I'm going to try to find out who she was. It's too soon
for there to be anything on the web.

**My father graduated high school in 1910. High school was free then.
Now a high school diploma won't get you much, the country is much richer
and still free education hasn't gone any farther than high school. In
fact in 1957 Indiana University and most state schools charge in-state
residents no tuition (although there were fees which were not nothing)
and we've gone backwards on that.

As an aside, after HS my father went on to dental school for 4 years,
commuting 50 miles each way every day by train, doing homework on the
train, and working in his father's hardware store when he got home.

Paying off all loans will **** off everyone that paid their way through
already. Everyone talks about forgiving the debt, no one asks why it
cost so mush to go to school in the first place.

Not everyone benefits from college, some would to better in a trade or
technical school rather than a degree is 4th century Greek sculpture

Yeah, I forgot to include that part. I think 10,000 is plenty and the
other 40,000 can go to other categories of people who also need it or to
other expenses.

No one put a guy to their head to make them borrow money. They could
have gone to a local junior college (not free) but lived at home, where
at least they don't charge for the room.

If they get 10,000 off, they should be happy.