Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default shovelling snow

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 13:32:39 -0500, micky
wrote:

BTW. after all these years, I have a new improved way of shoveling the
sidewalk, that's faster, better, and takes less effort.

The whole word "shoveling" seems like the wrong word now because surely
shovel ling meant putting the shovel under the snow and lifting it and
throwing it to the side.

The last two times, I used a spade, with a flat end. Just put it end
down on the sidewalk and slide it to the side. Lift it an inch or two
and do the next row of snow.

No lifting the shovel or the snow, no throwing it, and for a guy with
breathing problems some times (well, only when I'm working hard), I can
do four times as much without getting running out of breath. 60 feet
instead of 15.

BTW, my father bought the spade around 1945 and except for some of the
blue paint on the side of the handle wearing off, it's still as good as
new.

Like this but the blade is not stainless and it's even flatter at the
end.
https://www.amazon.com/Bosmere-Jacks...D0/ref=sr_1_49

It would take all day to clear 180 deet of 4 foot wide sidewalk and a
4 car deiveway of 8 inches of snow with that thing!!!. The YT624 does
it in about half an hour. If it snows less than 3 inches at a time I
clear it with the 22 inch Garrant Yukon Ergonomic snow pusher
(https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/21-inch...r/4Y9TPF0SXRMR)
in about the same amount of time.