Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JB Haskins JB Haskins is offline

Default help with circuit repair

On 2/15/21 5:52 PM, Rich wrote:
JB Haskins wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/kSHzB0T.jpg

Unfortunately, I've never seen a schematic of this unit on the web even

Given the seeming simplicity of that board in your image (it appears to
be a single sided board) have you considered investing a moderate
amount of time into reverse engineering a schematic by following which
traces on the underside connect to which components from the top?

The last time I tried to do that, it turned out to be a disaster
although what I tried it with was a little more complex. Still, I might
give it a go with this one. I already ordered a replacement IC and the
transistors on the board- all are common parts and not expensive.
Actually ordered more than one of each since I own at least two of these
geiger counters.