Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default switching most of my batteries over to Eneloops, but.....

Eli the Bearded wrote:
===================
Phil Allison

What else are are high capacity , rechargeable 9V batts good for?

Maybe he's got an old transistor radio. I've got a portable tape player
(not cassette, it's open reel) that uses I think two or four C cells for
the motors and a 9V for the "brains".

** LOL- had one like that when I was 12 years old - in 1964.
3 inch reels , non capstan drive.
The 9V batt lasted well - the C cells, not so much.

I gather that there are a bunch of small electronics projects that use
nine volt batteries, too.

** But not likely to be heavily and regularly used.

My ESR meter ( Bob Parker ) uses a 9V batt - but gets about 1 short use a week.

...... Phil