Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Abandoned_Trolley Abandoned_Trolley is offline

Default switching most of my batteries over to Eneloops, but.....

On 14/02/2021 19:47, Witherspoon wrote:
...I don't see 9V Eneloops, unless I am mistaken.Â* I have some 9V
devices that could use the changeout too.Â* Recommendations?

There plenty to choose from on eBay

If you have a "smart" charger and want to stick with it, there are NiMH
cells out there with capacities up to 900mAH which could be used with
the same charger - like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PP3-MN160...y/193757257679

I believe Charlie+ is correct is saying that if you want to use
rechargeable Li-ion cells, you will need a different charger. If you
stick them in a "normal" charger" it will just tell you that you have a
dud cell. I have seen them with capacites up to 800mAH

Alternatively, there are some Li-ion cells out there which have a built
in charger, and a USB socket on the base, which means that they could be
charged in situ ?

like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PP3-9V-Re...y/143784853806

I would be interested to hear from anybody who has any of these.

Out of interest, you may like to note that I have a couple of Uniross
NiCD PP3 cells, which must be at least 10 years old, but seem to still
work ok - the downside is that the capacity is only 120mAH, but thats
enough for a few hours service on wireless microphone system.

The main point being that all of these current rechargeable solutions
offer at least 4 or 5 times the capacity of the originals, so theres no
need to even think about buying something with a capacity of only 200mAH

Also, dont forget that the original "dumb" chargers had insanely low
constant current charge rates - I have one which runs at only 11mA. At
that rate it would take at least a week to charge one of the latest
generation NiMH cells

AT